Meigs humane society assists new dog shelter
Local drive to assist WVa flood victims
Mobile health clinic plans Mulberry stop
Botanical sanctuary plans new signage, exhibit
New tools for Meigs EMS
- Artists prepare to rock ‘Regatta’ - 7:38 pm
- Pomeroy man killed in ATV accident - 7:31 pm
- Wolfe Peritoneal Cancer Foundation board meets - 7:13 pm
- DEA arrests Gallia man - 6:58 pm
- Helping fellow West Virginians in need - 6:27 pm
- News from around the Mountain State - 6:20 pm
- Gallipolis vapor shop wants to ‘Respect the Journey’ - 9:27 pm
- Meigs observes Elder Abuse Month - 9:13 pm
- 70 years of “hometown service” - 6:21 pm
- Pomeroy native awarded dental award - 9:18 pm
- Meigs allocates federal grants for 2016 - 9:13 pm
- Body found in Portland gravel pit - 8:45 pm updated: 10:45 am.
- PVH honors its own at annual luncheon - 5:17 pm
- Mid-Ohio Valley Amateur Radio Club Field Day set - 5:56 pm
- Gillies named ‘Volunteer of the Year’ - 4:57 pm
- Main Street ‘Market Days’ - 6:32 pm
- Rutland man robbed, assaulted in Meigs - 6:01 pm
- Sisters Health Foundation awards grants - 5:06 pm
- Board approves Abbott as new Meigs principal - 6:53 pm
- French Art Colony hosts garden, tasting tour - 5:32 pm
- ‘Kid’s Kafe’ offers free meals across county - 5:21 pm updated: 5:54 pm.
- ‘Singing in the Pines’ returns this weekend - 5:37 pm
- Area students honored at 33rd Science Awards - 6:28 pm
- Knife-stabbing turns into police pursuit - 6:11 pm updated: 10:22 pm.
- Mulberry Community Center ‘extinguishes’ loan - 8:51 pm
- OU airport closes runway for resurfacing - 4:20 pm
- Pomeroy Alumni Scholarship recipients announced - 7:03 pm
- Annual Gallipolis Rotary Mile set for July 4 - 5:22 pm
- Smith Chevrolet goes to bat for Mason County Little League - 1:34 pm
- Wolfe named circulation manager of OVP - 1:30 pm
- Fishing for fun! - 6:22 pm
- ‘Mayor’s Night Out’ free concert series returns - 6:12 pm
- News from around the Mountain State - 5:38 pm
- ‘Failure to yield’ causes 49K crashes in 2015 - 4:54 pm
- 21st century wonders - 5:30 pm updated: 5:30 pm.
- Cicadas arrive, cause concern for pet owners. - 9:21 pm
- Firemen’s spaghetti dinner fundraiser is Saturday - 9:15 pm
- ‘Raiders on the Ohio’ - 6:09 pm updated: 10:19 pm.
- OVB ‘BANKit!’ wraps another successful year - 2:09 pm
- Farmers market opens in New Haven - 7:10 pm
- New FAC exhibit showcases art, history - 4:21 pm updated: 4:31 pm.
- DeWine warns of summer scams - 3:16 pm updated: 3:17 pm.
- Meigs marks Memorial Day ceremonies - 9:17 pm
- Commissioners review community events - 8:50 pm
- Meigs Memorial Day Run to return - 8:01 pm
- Meigs honors prep archers, EMTs - 7:09 pm
- WVa permitless concealed carry passes - 6:34 pm
- Parents encouraged to obtain state IDs for kids - 7:45 pm
- View Story - 5:26 pm
- Farmers Bank promotes Pearce - 3:21 pm
Pomeroy native awarded dental award
POMEROY— Dr. Jacob Venoy, a recent graduate of Ohio State University, was awarded the $25,000 Delta Dental Foundation Community Commitment Award...
Meigs allocates federal grants for 2016
POMEROY — The destiny of more than $100,000 in Community Development Block grants was determined by the Meigs County Board of Commissioners duri...
Body found in Portland gravel pit
PORTLAND, Ohio — The body of a West Virginia man was discovered Sunday in a gravel pit of a Meigs County business.The body of Brandon M. Lupardu...
PVH honors its own at annual luncheon
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — At Pleasant Valley Hospital’s 2016 Employee Awards Luncheon, nearly 70 employees were honored for five or more yea...
Mid-Ohio Valley Amateur Radio Club Field Day set
GALLIPOLIS — Residents are invited to try their hand at operating a ham radio and enjoying a cookout, when members of the Mid-Ohio Valley Amateu...
Gillies named ‘Volunteer of the Year’
POINT PLEASANT — To celebrate the contributions of hospital volunteers, Pleasant Valley Hospital recently recognized several members of Pleasant...
Capehart League completes 2nd week
POMEROY, Ohio — The Meigs County Golf Course provided an excellent conditioned Golf Course as well as beautiful weather for the young men and wo...
Edwards 2nd-team all-league for Saints
One of Eastern High School’s former softball standouts made an immediate impact in her freshman season at the next level.That’s because Gr...
2 locals compete in North-South games
CHARLESTON, W. Va. — A pair of Mason County standout athletes, in their respective sports, competed this past weekend in the annual West Virgini...
Dave Gray named OHSAA Interim Commissioner
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Former OHSAA Board of Directors President Dave Gray has been named Interim Commissioner of the Ohio High School Athletic Associ...
Public encouraged to help Monarch butterflies
This fall your local soil and water conservation districts will be doing their part to help monarch butterflies and other pollinator species, and your...
Changes to OHSAA cross country tournament structure approved
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Several changes to the high school cross country postseason will take effect this fall after the Ohio High School Athletic Asso...
Showing support at Miss USA
Pictured sitting is Charlotte Knaul, 96, of Mason County, W.Va., who recently traveled to Las Vegas, Nev. to support Miss Ohio USA Megan Wise from Gal...
POMEROY — Joan King, of Pomeroy, announces the April 10, 2016, birth of her second great-granddaughter, Layla Marie Landaker. Her sister is Lexi...
Matthew and Emily (Ashley) Deckerd, of Beloit, Ohio, announce the birth of their second child, Cassady Grace Deckerd.She was born April 15, 2016, in C...
Meigs Middle School Third Trimester Honor Roll
POMEROY — The following students were named to the Meigs Middle School Honor Roll:Sixth Grade – Amara Barrett, Ty Bartrum, Cadan Broderick...
Meigs Intermediate School Third Trimester Honor Roll
POMEROY — The following students were named to the Meigs Intermediate School Honor Roll:GRADE 3: Trey Adkins, Kadance Allen, Abagail Barber, Bra...
Jesus spoke well-seasoned words
Jesus had high expectations of His followers.“You are the salt of the earth,” Jesus told them, indicating the influence He expected them t...
Don’t make excuses when it comes to Jesus
Have you ever made an excuse for something like why you were late for an appointment, why you didn’t have your homework, or why something wasn...
Let me tell you about my grandpaw
One of our daughters-in-law, Jessica, led her two oldest children, Kinsley and Zaven, into sending to me a grandpaw recognition for Father’s Day...
Summer break shouldn’t mean going hungry
For children across Ohio, summer break is beginning, and for many families that means vacations and summer camps and barbeques.But for too many, it al...
The beautiful, deadly ocean
It’s Monday, the first full day of a weeklong vacation at Myrtle Beach, and the ocean is sparkling and inviting. Children laugh as they bob in t...
Getting comfortable at 35,000 feet
Editor’s Note: Listen to the podcast of this column.I’m high on a plane — 35,000 feet high that is, and cozy with my coffee and my b...