Mugrage sworn in as Clerk of Courts
Painted plows parade through Pomeroy
‘Crawl for Cash’ scheduled at area schools
Annual Bend Area C.A.R.E. concert Sunday
Shoppers go small for holiday shopping season
- Morgan pleads guilty to 98 animal abuse charges - 9:46 pm
- Middleport discusses insurance, possible tax incentives - 7:08 pm
- Completion of US 35 continues - 6:31 pm
- One killed in two vehicle crash near Pomeroy - 9:18 pm
- For the record: Meigs County Sheriff’s Office - 5:33 pm
- One killed in two vehicle accident near Pomeroy - 3:27 pm
- Meigs Intermediate School First Trimester Honor Roll - 10:48 am
- Meigs Middle School First Trimester Honor Roll - 10:41 am
- Mugrage begins as Clerk of Courts Dec. 1 - 7:15 pm
- On the agenda: Southern Local Board of Education - 6:34 pm
- Christmas on Screen brought to life at Talent Revue - 6:03 pm
- For The RecordMeigs County Sheriff’s Office - 5:29 pm
- On the agenda: Eastern Local Board of Education - 5:28 pm
- Emergency HEAP program underway - 11:15 am
- Terrorism suspected in attack at OSU - 6:45 pm
- Locals react to OSU attacks - 6:43 pm
- Today in history - 3:18 pm
- Miss Ohio USA looks back - 11:41 am
- Seven sent to hospital after report of Ohio State active shooter - 11:19 am
- A woman’s fight against abnormal cells - 3:42 pm
- Ohio’s traditional deer-gun hunting season begins Monday - 3:03 pm
- Meigs Christmas Flower Show - 12:44 pm
- Upcoming weeks packed with events around the area - 6:37 pm
- Former Gallia deputy charged in domestic incident - 5:25 pm
- Dog tags for 2017 available Dec. 1 - 10:20 am
On the agenda: Southern Local Board of Education
RACINE — The Southern Local Board of Education recently held it’s November board meeting in Columbus.The Board approved the following agen...
Christmas on Screen brought to life at Talent Revue
MIDDLEPORT — The sights and sounds of Christmas filled the Riverbend Arts Council building in Middleport on Friday evening.The annual Talent Rev...
For The RecordMeigs County Sheriff’s Office
Night Shift reports from Nov. 21-28Monday, Nov. 216 p.m. — Deputies received a complaint about spotlighting on Kingsbury Road. Deputies patrolle...
On the agenda: Eastern Local Board of Education
REEDSVILLE — The Eastern Local Board of Education recently held its November meeting.The following items were approved by the Board:The minutes ...
Emergency HEAP program underway
As the weather is turning colder, we would like to remind our customers that we have assistance with their heating.Gallia Meigs Community Action Agenc...
Terrorism suspected in attack at OSU
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A Somali-born Ohio State University student plowed his car into a group of pedestrians on campus and then got out and bega...
Dragons roll Lady Raiders
PROCTORVILLE, Ohio — In a matchup of former Ohio Valley Conference foes, Thursday night’s affair was simply one-sided.In pitching a first-...
Lady Eagles hold off Warren, 53-44
TUPPERS PLAINS, Ohio — Looking for a sure-fire way to stop a comeback attempt? Free throws and defense worked just fine for the Lady Eagles.The ...
Blue Angels slay Lady Knights
POINT PLEASANT, W. Va. — It was a similar sequence between the Blue Angels and Lady Knights on Thursday night.A Point Pleasant pass, an Alex Bar...
Quartet of Rio runners named Scholar-Athletes
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Four runners representing the University of Rio Grande women’s cross country team have been named 2016 Daktronics-NAIA ...
Rio Grande’s Sanborn named NAIA Scholar-Athlete
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — University of Rio Grande runner Kyle Sanborn is among those named a 2016 Daktronics-NAIA Scholar Athlete.The National Associa...
Community Connectors grant awarded
A grant from the Ohio Department of Education will be put to use helping youth in Gallia and Meigs counties learn skills that will, hopefully, prepare...
Main Street Merchants host open house
Merchants on Main Street in downtown Point Pleasant recently hosted a successful open house event to kick off the holiday season. Merchants who partic...
Save A Lot Pomeroy renovations on now
POMEROY, Ohio — Big Bend Save A Lot in Pomeroy, Ohio is currently going through a significant remodel, which will bring area consumers the newes...
Peoples Bank donates to food bank
Peoples Bank of Pomeroy recently presented a donation of $1,000 to the Meigs County Cooperative Parrish food bank. Pictured are Tina Rees, Peoples Ban...
Peoples Bank donates to United Fund
Peoples Bank of Pomeroy recently presented a $1,000 donation to the United Fund. Pictured are Greg Smith, president of the United Fund; Tina Rees, Peo...
Search the scriptures
They tell us that every snowflake is different.How exactly one might go about proving this is hard to say, since proving such a negative is humanly im...
A Hunger for More
Christmas is doubtlessly a busy season for most of us. It can be overwhelmingly full of the chores of shopping for gifts, cooking for family get-toget...
A vote for life always wins
Voting for the least offensive and corrupt candidate is still a vote for an offensive, corrupt candidate. So, I exercised my right not to vote. I̵...
Small towns have the biggest hearts
Born and raised in Gallia County, I left for more than a decade, returning in recent years to establish permanent roots.As a teenager, I wished for mo...
Search the scriptures
The celebration of Thanksgiving has a long history in the Americas, stretching all the way back to the earliest colonization of the continent by Europ...
A Hunger for More
Thanksgiving is an enormously wonderful time to stop and intentionally offer up the praise of a heart full of gratitude to the One Who has not only cr...