- Meigs honors prep archers, EMTs - 7:09 pm
- WVa permitless concealed carry passes - 6:34 pm
- Parents encouraged to obtain state IDs for kids - 7:45 pm
- View Post - 5:26 pm
- Farmers Bank promotes Pearce - 3:21 pm
- Ohio Valley Bank’s Tony Staley will appear on ‘Strictly Business’ cable talk show - 4:41 pm
- Meigs School District hold regular session - 8:23 pm
- Ohio Valley Christian School tours Washington D.C. - 8:55 am
- Meigs library to display renovations Sunday - 8:49 pm
- Area residents can benefit from housing program - 8:42 pm
- Meigs musician honored by commissioners - 8:25 pm
- Wayne Forest requires ginseng harvest permits - 4:35 pm
- Chautauqua’s red tent to reappear in City Park - 7:58 pm
- Bend Area C.A.R.E. catfish tourney returns - 6:22 pm
- Meigs juvenile reported missing - 2:34 am
- Sex charges earn Meigs man 13 years - 5:53 pm
- Four-alarm fire - 5:05 pm
- New Haven ‘Penny War’ benefits local family - 6:51 pm
- News from around the Buckeye State - 5:58 pm
- SE Ohio employers receive safety awards - 5:06 pm
- Leonard L. Hurlow - 4:53 pm
- Eastern board wraps up year-end business - 6:22 pm
- Auto Fair to return this weekend - 6:16 pm
- Farmers market to begin in Town of New Haven - 6:13 pm
- Rio students give Honors Program presentations - 4:24 pm
- Capital Budget bill awards $5.2M to SoOhio - 4:21 pm
- Middleport homicide suspect found dead - 12:45 pm updated: 3:20 pm.
- Annual ‘Pride’ edition on newstands today - 11:08 am
- Narcotics agents educate about drug trends - 5:44 pm updated: 7:18 pm.
- Police probe alleged homicide in Meigs - 5:22 pm
- Riverby Theatre Guild reprises ‘Steel Magnolias’ - 4:40 pm
- Pomeroy mail carriers ‘Stamp Out Hunger’ - 7:57 pm
- Ohio House passes sales tax holiday bill - 4:53 pm
- Rio students attend English Honors Society conference - 3:47 pm
- Meigs OK’s Board of Elections move - 6:48 pm
- Miss Ohio USA will speak at Rio - 1:16 am
- Ohio schools close over threatening video - 11:26 pm
- Meigs girls reported missing, found - 11:15 pm
- URG students present research at state meeting - 6:14 pm
- Gallia-Meigs officers to join Piketon shootings investigation - 5:03 pm updated: 5:58 pm.
- Ohio signs $1.6M research agreement with FAA - 4:25 pm
- Justin Randall Thompson - 4:23 pm
- MCHD moves toward national accreditation - 8:46 pm
- FriendsrecallAdkins’legacy - 6:38 pm
- DeWine warns of donation scam in Pike Co. shootings - 6:25 pm
- Jobless rate decreases in Meigs, Gallia - 1:46 am
- Teacher rehires top Meigs Local agenda - 8:06 pm
- DAR attempts to set a ‘patriotism’ world record - 7:33 pm
- Ohio Supreme Court justices confer with area students - 9:50 pm
- News from around the Buckeye State - 5:39 pm
Meigs library to display renovations Sunday
POMEROY — The Meigs County District Public Library in Pomeroy will be showcasing their recent renovations this weekend.It all starts with a ribb...
Area residents can benefit from housing program
OHIO VALLEY — There is no place like home and for individuals trying to “age in place” or those with disabilities working for indepe...
Wayne Forest requires ginseng harvest permits
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Officials trying to ward off ginseng poachers in southern Ohio’s Wayne National Forest will now require a permit to harve...
Chautauqua’s red tent to reappear in City Park
GALLIPOLIS — Chautauqua will be making its sixth visit to Gallipolis City Park and raising its iconic red and white striped tent to house evenin...
Bend Area C.A.R.E. catfish tourney returns
MASON — Members of Bend Area C.A.R.E. are gearing up for the 26th annual catfish tournament, set for June 4 at the Stewart-Johnson V.F.W./Lottie...
Wilcoxons compete at state tennis tourney
MASON, Ohio — At least the Wilcoxon siblings reached their goal, and it was a fun ride while it lasted.That’s because Gallia Academy’...
RedStorm’s Petty tied for 2nd at NAIA nationals
GULF SHORES, Ala. – University of Rio Grande sophomore Tyanna Petty is tied for second place after four of seven events in the women’s hep...
Rio’s Andjelic remains in All-American chase
GULF SHORES, Ala. — University of Rio Grande freshman Nikola Andjelic remains in the hunt for an All-American finish in the men’s decathlo...
Eagles lose to Lehman Catholic in regional
SPRINGFIELD, Ohio — Playing at a new regional site, the Eastern High School baseball team traveled almost three hours on Thursday to play a game...
Additional scenes from the Class A, Region 4 final
MASON, W.Va. — On Wednesday night at J.C. Cook Field, the Wahama baseball team defeated Gilmer County by a 7-0 count. The White Falcons seventh ...
White Falcons headed back to state
MASON, W.Va. — There’s a first time for everything, and a second time for some.For the first time in program history the Wahama baseball t...
Mayers celebrate 50 years
POMEROY — Mr. and Mrs. Donald Mayer, of Pomeroy, will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary on May 1. The couple was married on May 1, 1...
Vinton Elementary School Honor Roll
VINTON — The following students have been named to the Vinton Elementary Elemenrart School honor roll for the third nine weeks:KA Mrs. Roach: Le...
John W. Smith and Carole Lee Smith exchanged wedding vows Thursday, April 14, 2016, with Judge Steven Story officiating.Carole Lee is the daughter of ...
Ohio Valley Christian School Honor Roll
OHIO VALLEY — The following students were named to the honor roll at Ohio Valley Christian School. An asterisk denotes all As:The following stud...
Miller promoted to branch manager in Tuppers Plains
POMEROY — Farmers Bank has promoted Lori Miller to branch manager of the Tuppers Plains retail branch.Farmers Bank officials said Miller’s...
Why will America stay great?
This is a question for the people of the Church to answer, and to answer it, the people of the Church need to read the Bible.But, before pursuing that...
Faith is key to unlock God’s power
Do any of you have your own keying?You may have a key to your piggy bank or even house on it. Some of us use keys every day, but today we are going to...
Extra work should equal extra pay
Right now, American workers know they’re working more than ever before and for less pay. Since the 1970s, middle class wages have stagnated, whi...
Get bombed, not bored, with everyday life
Editor’s Note: Listen to the podcast of this column.Blue bubbles hissed in the tub, spritzing and spraying like a giant Alka-Seltzer.I’d j...
God’s mercy available if we choose to receive it
In the maelstrom of confusion resulting from our nation’s moral collapse, it can be overwhelming to think that for a child of God, nothing has r...
I have homeostasis, both good and bad
I am not sure whether I am contagious or not. But, if I understood my doctor correctly at my recent checkup, I have it. And, if I understand it correc...