The board took the following action relating to teaching staff:
• Approved the resignation of Mrs. Robin Baird as high school mathematics and science teacher.
• Employed Leslie LeBlanc as a high school Spanish teacher on a one year contract.
• Re-employed retired teacher Howard Caldwell as a high school language arts teacher on a one-year contract.
• Employed Jackie Janey as high school math teacher on a one year contract.
The board approved the following supplemental and pupil activity contracts for the 2010-11 school year pending proper certification: Pam Douthitt, Varsity Softball Coach; Bobby Calaway, Junior Varsity Girls Basketball Coach; Deidra Cross, Junior Varsity Cheerleader Instructor; Wes Sanders, Paid Assistant Varsity Football Coach; Mike Tipton, Volunteer Assistant Football Coach; Brian Cummins, Fall Weight Room Coordinator.
The board approved the following substitute teachers for the 2010-11 school year pending proper certification: Peggy Bailey, Renee Barton, Eric M. Brown, Anna Buckalew, Ilse Burris, Marissa Cantrell, Leland (Joe) Carver, Fred Connery Jr., Carolyn Crowner, Sharon L. Cunningham, William Downie Jr., Cheryl Facemyer, Marge Fetty, John C. Flemming.
Betty L. Fulks, Brey L. Gheen, Suzanne Hanning, Roberta Harbour, Brian Howard, Gregory R. Jeffers, Jill Johnson, Janel Kennedy, John Krawsczyn, Megan Lawhon, Ron Logan, Angela McDaniel, Michael McMath-Dunn, Holly Murphy (Grim), Andrea (Annie) Pepper, Gay Perrin, Samantha Pierce, Shannon Plummer, Michael Rinaldi-Eichenberg.
William (Nathan) Robinette, Edward Safranek, Amanda Schwarzel, Samantha Shaffner, Shana Snyder, David Stafford, Ladona Stephens, Rachel L. Stoltzfus, John H. Taylor, William Tipton Jr., Randy Wachter, Maxine Whitehead, Elizabeth Wilfong, Jason Williams, Richard S. Wilson, Ian Wyatt, Juli Simpson.
The board approved the following substitute teacher aides for the 2010-11 school year pending proper certification: Stephanie Allen, Tamara S. Browning, Carrie Carpenter, Pamela Codner, Carmel Evans, Janel Kennedy, Romayne Martindale, Sheila McKinney, Sunshine A. Russell, Amanda Schwarzel, Connie Soulsby, Launa Teaford, and Robin Werry.
Lee Swain was approved as a substitute mechanic for the 2010-11 school year.
The board approved the following classified substitutes for the 2010-11 school year: Mary Pellegrino, Robin Lynn Swain, Jackie Westfall, John Helgesen, James Richmond, Deborah Snyder, Alicia Ihle.
The board also:
• Approved a reduction in meeting compensation for board of education members from the current $125.00 per meeting to $50.00 per meeting effective Jan. 1, 2011.
• Set Wednesday, September 15, 2010 at 6:30 p.m. in the Elementary Library Conference Room for the next regular meeting of the board of education.